Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our First Night in Mozambique

Thursday Oct 13

Arrived at Jacob and Jaynie's farm from the Beru's in the Vumba in Zimbabwe. Border crossing was pretty uneventful, except that the price of a visa to get into the country has jumped from $25 each to $80 each. We were not expecting that!

I learned a lesson in timing at the Michael farm – as I was getting ready to jump into the shower, the generator went off for the night. The water is on a gravity system (both hot and cold) so I had water, but no lights. Melonie had the lantern in the bedroom, so I proceeded to shower in total darkness. Not too hard, but I would have preferred at least a little light. Friday night I did a little better – at least I got wet before I got in, and Melonie was kind enough to bring the lantern to the bathroom. Some of us are slow learners!

No comments:

Post a Comment