Sunday, October 11, 2009

Visiting a New Church

Several days ago, the guard at the house next door to Jacob asked if he would come preach Sunday in the church he belongs to, and of course Jacob said yes. Our wives were still gone to the ladies' retreat, so the two of us, and the guard headed off to church, which turned out to be an Apostolic Pentecostal Church. The service was in the Shona and Senna languages. Jacob preached in Portuguese, with translation into Shona.

After the sermon, the pastor repeated much of the sermon, which was his stamp of approval on what had been said.

I was asked to lead a prayer, and so I said a phrase (in English) and waited for a translation, which did not come. So I prayed in English, knowing that very few understood. A bit later the pastor (who did understand English) asked me to pray again, and I asked him to translate this time, which he did.

Some pictures can be seen at
http://picasaweb.google.com/meloniefudge87

No comments:

Post a Comment